What is Servant Evangelism ?
Demonstrating the kindness and grace of God by offering to do some act of humble service with no strings attached.
It is a JESUS Thing Matt 20:28, John 13:14-17
Jesus is the example of servanthood
Jesus calls us to be selfless servants
Jesus compels us to serve others
It is a FRUITBEARING Thing Titus 3:14, John 15:8
We must learn to continually do good works
We must meet the urgent need of people
It is an Enlightening Thing Matt 5:14-16
We must exhibit good works toward people
We must exalt Jesus in our good works
It is an Abnormal Thing Luke 10:25-37
We must not follow everyone else, by passing by
We must do the abnormal thing, meet needs
It is a Repentance Thing Romans 2:4
Deeds of kindness rather than doctrines of condemnation lead people to Jesus
Group Time (If Available):
1. List 5 kind (free) acts that you have done or can do for someone.
2. What does Matt 20:28 mean to you ?
3. How was Jesus a servant in ministering to the needs of people ?
4. Why is meeting the needs of someone a fruitbearing activity ?
5. How does doing a kind (free) act point someone to Jesus Matt 5:14-16?
6. What does Romans 2:4 mean ?
7. What can you do to live out the definition of a servant evangelist ?